Old guide I found here – is it still valid?
[Old post here.](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/17nwa3/foundations_of_a_work_wardrobe/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=user&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=u_bellamira)
Is this still a good fashion guide? I just want confirmation from the community that everything there still looks modern and fashionable. If not, does anyone have anything similar I can go to the mall with – like a checklist with examples that are guaranteed to match? Even better if I can find them all at the same store.
Items of note and more detailed questions:
* Color scheme has to be black, white, or grey*.* Nude shoes are acceptable. **EDIT: This color scheme is mandated by the employer.**
* Can I ditch the skirt and dress for another pair of slacks and another blouse?
* Why: I live in Buffalo; it’s snowy and cold. If I have to save clothes to only wear in the summer, I won’t ever wear them.
* Can I responsibly (in terms of fashion and not looking like a tool) just get one pair of flats that will match everything here? I’m not comfortable in pumps for daily wear, but I do have a pair for special occasions.
* On that note, would something like [this ](https://www.sanuk.com/womens-shoes/pair-o-sail/1013819.html)or [this ](https://www.sanuk.com/womens-sidewalk-surfers/donna-hemp/SWF1160.html?dwvar_SWF1160_color=BLK)be a reasonable footwear option in this kind of environment with the outfits shown in the link above? I’m sure the answer is no but I had to ask – just like I always check to see if I can fit more pasta into my macros for the day 🙁 .
* “Timeless tote” – I need serious help on this. The purse/handbag department of stores freaks me out. I don’t know where to start. Any tips for avoiding buying something embarrassing would be much appreciated.
I am completely open to tips and advice. I, like many stalkers here, only know how to wear jeans and flip flops, and even then I don’t do it particularly well. I would like to dress *well* for my new job and be confident that I look good. 🙂
**EDIT**: I should have mentioned that this is a tech job HOWEVER the formality is dictated by the company – I know, it’s weird. The guys I have seen all wear nice slacks/suit pants, dress shoes, and shirts. Ties appear to be optional. The only two women I have seen were in tight black pants, blouses, and pumps.