Miss Atomic Bomb Inspo

Miss Atomic Bomb Inspo

I was totally inspired by u/peppermintys [post earlier] (https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/94tr8m/give_me_a_song_and_ill_make_a_mini_inspo_album/) where they’re making inspo albums based on songs, and I suddenly had all kinds of ideas. I was totally that kid who would make soundtracks to go along with her favorite books (ask me about my Hunger Games soundtrack; it was lit) and I’ve always been a very musical person. Songs are kind of like an auditory mood board, so the idea of creating visual fashion inspiration from a song felt like a very natural extension.

I’ve been really digging [Miss Atomic Bomb] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qok9Ialei4c) by The Killers recently, and I knew I had to design an inspo board around the girl in the song. She’s independent and a little edgy, but doesn’t push the boundary into eclectic or androgynous. While most of her style is built around sharpness and simplicity, it also all has strong notes of romanticism and nostalgia. She’s a little bit of everything, because how the song’s protagonist sees her–youthful energy and heartbreak and wistfulness all in one.

[Here] (https://pin.it/egqoss52s2famo) is the Pinterest board based on the song.

I’ve never done an inspo board before, and literally created a new pinterest profile for it, which I think says something about how excited I was about this idea. CCW for sure–I’d love to hear what y’all think!

View Reddit by aloneh95View Source

1. masonboro27
    August 6, 2018 at 4:04 am

i read all of this thinking of the song “atomic bomb” by william onyeabor and was a little confused lol

but anyway i love this idea!

2. blindfishing
    August 6, 2018 at 4:40 am

Wow, I’m a huge Killers fan and was very surprised to see Miss Atomic Bomb here. I think you were able to capture the edgy romanticism you mentioned in your OP.

3. anchovies_duh
    August 6, 2018 at 5:54 am

Loved the look of that music video and the fashion of Shot at the Night

4. lililuvvy
    August 6, 2018 at 5:57 am

I love the song, and love the Killers. On top of that, a lot of the outfits from your pin board look like my style – I literally own that rust Madewell skirt! This makes me happy 🙂

5. petrakay
    August 6, 2018 at 6:00 am

I think you nailed it! The music video always makes me think of flowy dresses that move with the wind, mixed with worn leather. Like a refined American Southwest look.

6. ponytailnoshushu
    August 6, 2018 at 7:11 am

I was a bit concerned as to what this was going to be reading the title.

Today is the 73rd anniversary of the Atomic bomb dropping on Hiroshima Japan….

7. undomestikated
    August 6, 2018 at 11:25 am

Love this. This is how I would describe my style 100%.

8. __clurr
    August 6, 2018 at 1:43 pm

I’m trying to nail my style down, and I think this might be it! I love the looks and I love the song!

9. little_gnora
    August 6, 2018 at 3:11 pm

Miss Atomic Bomb is my favorite Killers song. I think you’ve nailed it!

10. Elena_Princess
    August 6, 2018 at 7:48 pm

Great job u/aloneh95 ! I totally love The Killers and i think you captured the essence of the video (I can see myself riding a car through the desert in a hot night in that midi skirt). I bet your Hunger Games soundtrack is badass as well.