Inspo Album: Evelyn Deavour (Incredibles 2)

Inspo Album: Evelyn Deavour (Incredibles 2)

Hope this is okay for a first post! Ever since I got back from the cinema I have been *obsessed* with the artwork/style/soundtrack of the Incredibles 2. (I mean, I was already obsessed since the first one, but the sequel didn’t help.)

In particular: Evelyn’s entire wardrobe.

[The New Yorker has a brief article about it](https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/03/style/incredibles-2-style.html?nytapp=true&smid=nytcore-ios-share). I decided to make my own inspo Pinterest board for those of you who also loved the fashion of this character. I’ve included artwork (like op-art) along with fashion designers, style icons, amidst more toned-down everyday stuff.

Includes a TON of black-and-white. (It was surprisingly harder to find grey stuff, since black is such a go-to neutral.)

[Here’s the Pinterest board!](https://pin.it/rhmyagyqd46672)

EDIT: added link to article

EDIT 2: [IMGUR album](https://imgur.com/a/78hcjH2) where I go into a more detailed analysis

View Reddit by cjduckworthView Source

1. Rodbuttley
    July 9, 2018 at 2:08 pm

I just saw that movie and omfg it was distracting how fucking fabulous she looked the whole time. That huge, black & white checked coat/cardigan thing she wears near the end of the film? I would go to jail for it.

2. mostlybooksandplants
    July 9, 2018 at 2:30 pm

I LOVE ALL OF THIS. I need to close this album before I buy everything, because all of it is my polished cozy professional goals.

One of the things that I found really interesting about the sequel is how well they fit Evelyn’s aesthetic into current trends and styles, while still keeping the overall aesthetic of the fairly timeless. Her style was also very different from the styles of the other characters without looking incongruous next to everyone else. I loved her style in the movie, and I’m glad you translated into real life clothes!

3. pygoscelis
    July 9, 2018 at 3:18 pm

They did such a great job with all the costumes in that movie! Thanks for sharing this.

IMO imgur albums for inspo posts are always good to have because they are more accessible/easier to view for those who don’t have pinterest accounts. You can use an image downloader browser extension to grab the images from your board and then you can put them all into an imgur album at once.

4. Justascruffygirl
    July 9, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Can you link the New Yorker article? Sounds super interesting!

5. BonhamsFourSticks
    July 9, 2018 at 4:35 pm

THANK YOU!!!! I was in love with that character’s cartoon wardrobe, and I thought I was insane for thinking that.

6. Steponme543
    July 9, 2018 at 7:48 pm

Thank you! I absolutely loved all the clothes she wore so im really glad to see this. Does anyone know where to get a black coat similar to the one she wore towards the end of the movie? It was the long black coat with small white details all over it.

7. greenwithpandas
    July 9, 2018 at 10:13 pm

Nailed it!

8. Steponme543
    July 9, 2018 at 10:26 pm

If you dont mind taking a picture of yours that would be great. Or if you have a link of yours from a store?