The four houses as fashion inspiration. (A.k.a Hogwarts houses Inspo Albums)

The four houses as fashion inspiration. (A.k.a Hogwarts houses Inspo Albums)

So I tried (key word:tried), to give each album its own style because I didn’t want it to just be red clothes in this one and green clothes in that one…here they are:

**Ravenclaw:**

Colors: Light blue, dark blue, grey, white, and brown

Style: Liberian style. Lots of collars, button ups, cardigans, sweaters, plaid skirts, black stockings, flats, and glasses. Think of a private school uniform.

IMGUR ALBUM: [Ravenclaw ](https://imgur.com/a/mBJW1DL)

PINTEREST BOARD: [Ravenclaw](https://pin.it/oqmdbv72k6rozb)

**Hufflepuff:**

Colors: mustard yellow, grey, and brown,

Style: Quirky fall style, lots of large sweaters, cardigans, jackets, and boots.

IMGUR ALBUM: [Hufflepuff](https://imgur.com/a/zcD8lrS)

PINTEREST BOARD: [Hufflepuff](https://pin.it/kpbqsxs2umoaxh)

**Slytherin:**

Colors: Dark green, black, and gold

Style: Regal/Sexy evil business woman. Lots of long dresses, suits, leather, green velvet, heels, and sunglasses.

IMGUR ALBUM: [Slytherin ](https://imgur.com/a/mUQjqay)

PINTEREST BOARD: [Slytherin](https://pin.it/siadkf64gs5eqv)

**Gryffindor**

Colors: Red, burgundy, black and gold

Style: Modern business and causal. Lots of suits, casual clothing, turtlenecks, cropped tops, red velvet, and boots.

IMGUR ALBUM: [10 points for Gryffindor ](https://imgur.com/a/ZTTlgZY)

PINTEREST BOARD: [Gryffindor ](https://pin.it/ax47fhnrgwgcfr)

(Yeah this one ain’t the best but I tried y’all)

View Reddit by Miguelito512View Source

1. fernxqueen
    July 9, 2018 at 1:51 am

ugh i reaaaaally want that first velvet dress in the slytherin album

2. historyhipster
    July 9, 2018 at 1:55 am

Bloody brilliant!

3. El_andMike
    July 9, 2018 at 2:04 am

That Slytherin album is AMAZING.

4. kokkini
    July 9, 2018 at 2:06 am

I love the Slytherin album. It definitely speaks to me on a personal level. But all of these are so great!

5. thePhotosphere
    July 9, 2018 at 2:11 am

Excellent job!

I am in love with the Slytherin album. Imagining Kate and Dita as Slytherin is icing on the cake!

6. Hebridean_Black
    July 9, 2018 at 2:19 am

Absolutely live for the Slytherin one.

I think the Gryffindor one could have been more casual, outdoorsy adventurer.

7. thewitchofizalith
    July 9, 2018 at 2:23 am

Wonderful job!

I’m so in love with that Wednesday Addams dress in the Ravenclaw album; I’d get it in a heartbeat but it looks to be sold out?

8. DiansWit
    July 9, 2018 at 2:28 am

As a proud Slytherin, it made me very happy when I opened the Slytherin board and saw that I had already pinned a good deal of the pins to my own boards, none of which are supposed to be Harry Potters themed. I felt my house affirmed lol

9. cassie1015
    July 9, 2018 at 2:30 am

Wow this must have taken a lot of time, thanks for sharing! I need those high waisted skirts in the Ravenclaw album, where are they from???

10. lunelune13
    July 9, 2018 at 2:33 am

Ok your compilations are so inspiring. I’ve always been told I would be a hufflepuff but never liked the colors…until now! This is beautiful!

11. polymerase2016
    July 9, 2018 at 2:37 am

omg I’ve been on a Harry Potter kick lately and I did t realize how much I needed these albums

12. GaglessBobby
    July 9, 2018 at 2:49 am

OMG! I actually spent all day today looking for house albums like this. These are exactly what I’ve been looking for and they’re so spot on! Great albums.

13. georgieminx
    July 9, 2018 at 2:53 am

I didn’t think I was a Ravenclaw, but I had already pinned two of the outfits and guess what? I’ve pinned five more from your album lol.

14. ex_bestfriend
    July 9, 2018 at 2:59 am

I’m just here as a Hufflepuff loving all the albums! Great job!

15. Rodbuttley
    July 9, 2018 at 3:03 am

-slams fist on table- OP THIS IS EXACTLY THE KIND OF CONTENT I LIKE TO SEE. FORTY BILLION POINTS TO YOU.

no but really, I’ve always staunchly felt I was a Ravenclaw, but now the other houses are looking tempting… especially Slytherin. I NEEEEEED more emerald green in my life.

16. FairOphelia
    July 9, 2018 at 3:04 am

I love the coziness of the Hufflepuff album! Amazing job on all four though. I can see that you put thought into what people in each house might want to wear based on their personalities.

17. Reticent09
    July 9, 2018 at 3:30 am

Total Ravenclaw here, love it!

18. VerdigrisVolva
    July 9, 2018 at 3:34 am

These are great!

With Slytherin, I love the colors, but the silhouettes wouldn’t be my cup of tea. BUT! I could definitely get envious for those looks, which would definitely be a win for someone who was a Slytherin alum!

Similarly, with Hufflepuff, I usually hate yellow, _especially_ mustard. But these were so cute, with such whimsical cuts and silhouettes, so I couldn’t help but adore them. The most charming house for sure!

For Ravenclaw (my house, according to most tests, including pottermore), it was good, but seemed to be missing something… Maybe some interesting accessories? Something themed around spell books, astronomy, or the like? If this is the geek house, you gotta have gadgets and gear. 😉

Gryffindor, similarly, could use more jazz. I think you could go totally extra for that look; bright reds or golds, more embroidery and embellishment, etc. But the plush velvet kind of makes you think of a lion, and the cropped styles bring on the boldness!

Hopefully I’m not sounding too critical, because these are just dreamy, and I really do love them. I’ll certainly be using them as inspiration in the near future (especially Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff!).

19. syunie
    July 9, 2018 at 3:36 am

Great job on these, op! I love how we can continue to be inspired by Harry Potter so long after the series as finished.

I think an interesting twist on the ravenclaw inspo might be a bit of a quirky, mad scientist vibe. I recall reading on Pottermore, back when it started, that ravenclaws were known to be the more bizarre (in a nice way, lol) counterparts of the other houses.

20. kdennis
    July 9, 2018 at 3:37 am

As a Gryffindor, I’m going to need someone to help me find a red velvet blazer. Great job, OP!

21. SapientSlut
    July 9, 2018 at 3:42 am

Fuuuu the Ravenclaw one finally made me realize I need s good oxford shirt :p

LOVE the green matching pants & blazer outfit! Want it in purple or black & white so bad!

22. mariahmazing
    July 9, 2018 at 3:51 am

Holy shit! I’ve been told I’m a Hufflepuff and I wasn’t sure until I saw your album- I have a ferret and a black cat, and they both made appearances in your album. It’s fate!

23. perpetuallyhangry
    July 9, 2018 at 4:01 am

Adding to all the love! I feel in my heart that I belong to Hufflepuff but that Ravenclaw board is amazing

24. kittycatpickles
    July 9, 2018 at 4:04 am

All of these are beautiful, great job!

25. wildwater
    July 9, 2018 at 4:05 am

I’m not a Hufflepuff but that album is so sunny and cozy at the same time, I want more yellow like that in my life! Great job with the albums, they’re all so cool!

26. Thatwasahellofaday
    July 9, 2018 at 4:05 am

I initially read the title of this post as “The Four HORSES…”

I thought that maybe I was going to read about fashion centered around Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death.

I need more coffee…..

27. bullseyes
    July 9, 2018 at 4:10 am

These are fantastic!

28. baguette-baker2430
    July 9, 2018 at 4:18 am

I just want to know if it’s realistic to wear that cape?

29. audientvoids
    July 9, 2018 at 4:26 am

I love this! A while ago I made [a Pinterest board](https://pin.it/aytkahw5iom73v) using the same concept but I had a lot more trouble keeping the styles coherent. I tried to make Syltherin polished but it came out more goth? For Hufflepuff I aimed for a quirky style like you did, but Ravenclaw was minimalist and Gryffindor had more of a rocker vibe. It’s really interesting comparing our different interpretations, and I’m definitely impressed with how cohesive your boards are!

30. essentiallyemmarose
    July 9, 2018 at 4:43 am

As a Gryffindor with friends in each house, these are eerily us!! Great job, OP! Currently sending to my hufflepuff

31. alexstark1008
    July 9, 2018 at 4:59 am

OP this is really good. Thanks for compiling such beautiful albums.

32. WorldOPearl18
    July 9, 2018 at 5:14 am

Maybe I’m biased, but no pearls for Ravenclaw? Pearls of wisdom.

33. Healing_touch
    July 9, 2018 at 5:21 am

I wish there was a little more black/bronze in the hufflepuff album, however as a hufflepuff I FIND this album wonderful!!

34. jazzmint3
    July 9, 2018 at 5:34 am

Gryffindor here. Love all the albums. Going to definitely looking to add more red and gold to my wardrobe after seeing this. Me and my three best friends represent all four houses so I’m going to share this post with them! Don’t necessarily think the albums represent our styles, but it’s great inspiration!! Thanks for making this!

35. cinnamonteacake
    July 9, 2018 at 5:34 am

Yessss best theme ever ♡♡♡♡♡

36. seriicis
    July 9, 2018 at 5:35 am

I recently got Slytherin when I retook the quiz. I didn’t like it at the time but this album has totally changed my mind!

37. milkvamp
    July 9, 2018 at 5:37 am

Gryffindor just needs some bold pieces and maybe some athletic wear but otherwise I love it, especially slytherin

38. amberraysofdawn
    July 9, 2018 at 5:49 am

I knew I was a Hufflepuff long before Pottermore told me so, but this post really confirms it!

39. ToxicPennies
    July 9, 2018 at 6:01 am

Amazing looks! Thanks for sharing!

40. LostTheWayILikeIt
    July 9, 2018 at 6:16 am

I can’t even begin to describe how much I love this.

41. coffee_for_dinner
    July 9, 2018 at 6:31 am

I haven’t even read the books but I adore these albums. I think Gryffindor lacked some visual cohesion compared to the rest of the albums, it was very casual and quite sexy which I don’t liken Gryffindor with (I’m imagining Gryffindor as a mix of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff with more red & gold), but maybe there weren’t enough images for that kind of palette. It’s quite unique. (Also I don’t really know much about the world and lore and am basing my ideas on random pics I’ve seen online so could be totally wrong.)

According to all those personality quizzes I’m always a Slytherin but I’m here for the Ravenclav and Hufflepuff look! Great job!

42. deviltje
    July 9, 2018 at 6:34 am

I really enjoyed these albums, thank you!

43. nallxy
    July 9, 2018 at 7:15 am

The Hufflepuff one is ON FLICKK 🙇🏻‍♀️🙇🏻‍♀️

44. robotjackie
    July 9, 2018 at 7:17 am

I so wish I had this a couple months ago when I was working on a Slytherin look for a Harry Potter ball!

45. nocctea
    July 9, 2018 at 7:36 am

All these boards are great! So many awesome pictures. And as a Hufflepuff that imgur board was my *entire asthetic* it was pretty much *exactly* what I want my style to be! Simply amazing 🙂

46. SpaceBanquet
    July 9, 2018 at 7:41 am

That red velvet Gryffindor blazer! Love!

47. allison_anne