Visible Sock Album- Summer(ish) Edition

Visible Sock Album- Summer(ish) Edition

Summerish because this was actually pretty hard to find very warm weather outfits worn with socks. A lot of these outfits are more like early fall than summer or northern California summer, than like… Texas summer, but you guys can use your imaginations!

When I think of socks with summer outfits I typically think either “girlish” or “sexy” but I think there are a lot of outfits in here that don’t really read as either, especially when you get into athletic outfits.

I think the looks I end up liking the most are clogs with socks (not surprising) or the sheer/mesh socks with sneakers (surprising). That being said, I don’t see myself ever becoming a visible sock in the summer person.

[**Visible Sock Album- Summer Edition**](https://imgur.com/a/AnlXVVE)

[Pinterest board for anyone interested](https://www.pinterest.com/ssalsbury/visible-sock-summer/)- There are some images here that didn’t make the cut (too fall/winter) and I might add images in the future if I stumble across any.

[Previous visible sock album- winter edition thread.](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/3nl425/visible_sock_album_winter/)

View Reddit by justgoodenoughView Source

1. iamfine23
    July 7, 2018 at 6:57 pm

Great album! I would have never considered wearing socks with a dress or go out of my way to wear visible socks with some of the outfits on here but they looked really cute! Cute enough for me to reconsider!

2. justgoodenough
    July 7, 2018 at 7:00 pm

So… Does anyone here actually wear visible sock outfits in the summer? I know that there are a bunch of people that will wear fall/winter socks, but where are our summer sock people?

3. watchoutforips
    July 7, 2018 at 7:16 pm

I wear keds almost every day, and you can always see my socks! I don’t normally wear the taller ones, just ankle socks. They all have some kind of animal/pattern/design on them. Picking them can be the best part of getting ready! Today they are pink with dancing avocados.

I’ll also wear socks peeking out over my docs with shorts or cuffed jeans d pending on the weather. Those are normally plain or striped, but I also have a pair of hufflepuff socks and a pair with a girl and a horse with the quote “don’t worry, I hate everyone too”.

It can sometimes make me feel like Agent Booth from Bones with his wacky socks and belt buckles.

4. lumos_solem
    July 7, 2018 at 7:21 pm

Honestly I don’t get this look at all. But maybe it’s just because I live in Austria and don’t want to be mistaken for a German tourist. I actually liked a few of the looks from your album, but I just can’t imagine wearing that myself.

5. Codydarkstalker
    July 7, 2018 at 7:30 pm

All my socks are dumb or have dark soles from wearing them around too kuch. Sadface

6. 20moreminutes
    July 7, 2018 at 7:35 pm

I think this look only works if you have long and slender legs. If you’re short or curvy, it makes you look shorter and stumpy.

7. eiffelwaffle
    July 7, 2018 at 8:31 pm

If it weren’t 115 outside right now I’d consider wearing socks. As it is, pants are a stretch. I feel at least where I live socks are a transitional-season and winter garment, unless a person is planning on working construction or going hiking and needs Serious Boots, which require Serious Socks.

8. matchajello
    July 7, 2018 at 8:46 pm

The lengths of some of the outfits are awful for my stumpy body 🙁 It would just make me look awkward and not in a sexy-peekaboo way. Also, what are the shoes in #37 called? Oxfords? Where do I find a type that are slender and don’t make me look masculine -__-

9. hi-its-me-shauna
    July 7, 2018 at 9:07 pm

Coloured and patterned socks showing are my life hahah nothing makes me more excited when I find a pair of socks that matches a shirt or sweater I own

10. hoobidabwah
    July 7, 2018 at 10:09 pm

The 4th and 5th pictures look really comfortable. Great album!

11. 17648750
    July 7, 2018 at 10:37 pm

The dress in the second picture is the most beautiful thing. Oh my gosh I NEED it

12. eraserewrite
    July 7, 2018 at 11:01 pm

Yo, visible socks are something I really love. My favorite is to wear forest green socks that go right above my boot when I’m wearing black. I don’t think people notice, but I feel so cool.

13. BrokenLemonade
    July 7, 2018 at 11:13 pm

I love it! I did this just yesterday with a striped fit n flare dress, white converse, and white socks with glittery green planets on the ankle. I wish I’d taken a picture of it, but it’s definitely a look I’ll be wearing again!

14. percysaprat
    July 7, 2018 at 11:26 pm

It doesn’t matter in the slightest, but I’m suffering here, so I’ll nitpick. NorCal is a actually hotter than SoCal, it’s consistently 10 degrees hotter here. It’s a good day if it’s less than 100 degrees. We have a solid week of 115F/46C in August every year. It’s hell, everyone just migrates from one air conditioner building to the next. Pity me, I’ve lived here most of my life, and I’m still melting. At least it’s dry heat.

15. shogomomo
    July 7, 2018 at 11:37 pm

Yessssssssss! Thank you!!!

16. LoyalOil
    July 7, 2018 at 11:48 pm

I love the sock with birks look. Anyone got any recs for where to buy socks that would go with brown leather Birks? Anything similar to what the girls in this album are wearing with theirs would be awesome!

17. noribun
    July 8, 2018 at 1:20 am

[What I expected this album to be](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOoJdafcciQ). Not mad though, those are cute looks.

18. SirBucketHead
    July 8, 2018 at 3:10 am

Birks with socks is my favorite summer look!!! I’m also a huge nerd so YMMV.

19. iDoScienc
    July 8, 2018 at 3:32 am

Wow, I am a sucker for contrast and colors that pop. I think even more so for visible socks than everywhere else. Thanks for the album!

20. LockenessMonster1
    July 8, 2018 at 4:54 am

I wear high socks with my sneakers or boots regularly. I tend to pair them with jean shorts or with a shorter skirt/dress. But I have super long legs so it can help balance things out sometimes.

21. willewell
    July 8, 2018 at 5:33 am

This is such an adorable look, although I’m afraid it’s one of those fleeting trends. Oh well, I’ll be rocking it into the fall. Thanks for the lookbook!