Raggamuffin life

Raggamuffin life

Hey guys. I’ve been working on this inspo album for awhile now so I hope you like it.

When I was a kid I was obsessed with stories about orphan girls who went on amazing adventures. I imagined pretty girls with lacey torn dresses picking flowers in fields and living in abandoned cottages they had fixed up (think the house at the end of Matilda). I loved story books like the secret garden and romanticized the going off on your own thing, exploring and such. (With absolutely zero offense to my parents. I swear I didn’t want you to die xoxo). My style went based off that for a long time in what my stepmom referred to as “raggamuffin” clothes. So this is a throwback to that. It features loose fitting clothes, lots of layers and lace.

If I had to label it with clothing style labels I’d say it Bohemian meets twee? Let me know what you think.

So here’s the [album](https://imgur.com/a/I50ZcyD)

And here’s the [Pinterest board](https://pin.it/yn46mxu2h5zs6e) aka album extended edition.

View Reddit by DodapdadoView Source

1. occult_yuppie
    July 5, 2018 at 6:06 pm

LOVE THIS

2. squidysquidysquidy
    July 5, 2018 at 6:38 pm

Aaah I love it! And I so relate to thinking fictional orphans had the best adventures as a child, lol.

3. pygoscelis
    July 5, 2018 at 8:59 pm

Very cute! It’s like a twee-leaning version of [Mori Kei](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/8tgvpl/inspo_album_morikei_forest_girl/) style.

I used to love those kinds of books when I was a kid too.

4. ChuushaHime
    July 5, 2018 at 9:18 pm

Beautiful album! Have you ever read [Mandy](https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10332.Mandy) or [Tom’s Midnight Garden](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom%27s_Midnight_Garden)? Totally getting those vibes.

5. MostlyHarmlessXO
    July 5, 2018 at 9:27 pm

omg when my parents asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I said ‘an orphan”

I swear I was referring to this type of thing

Also these outfits are AMAZING wonderful work

6. thedisneyaddict
    July 5, 2018 at 10:03 pm

This style for some reason makes me automatically think of Pippi Longstocking! I love this style since its so many cute layers.

7. EarlKuza
    July 5, 2018 at 11:02 pm

That second to top (lavender one) is amazing! Any idea where it’s from?

8. FM_Mono
    July 5, 2018 at 11:15 pm

I really love this! It looks so fun and cosy. And I’m seeing a little bit of crossover in my “modern ranger” aesthetic I’m trying to work on.

9. jojobaoilspill
    July 5, 2018 at 11:36 pm

Thank you for this! I’ve always loved this kind of style (same with Mori) but I have no idea how to even start looking like this. Does it involve a lot of thrifting or just buying specific pieces online?

10. enlightened-despot
    July 5, 2018 at 11:56 pm

You should watch the new Anne of Green Gables on Netflix!

11. funobtainium
    July 6, 2018 at 12:24 am

I have those olive pants in pic #16. I’m going to start wearing them more!

Fun album!

12. tsukiflower
    July 6, 2018 at 12:49 am

I (half) jokingly call my own style “orphan chic” and it’s a bit like this! Oversized tops,
    tiny or form fitting bottoms, huge boots or bare feet basically 😍

13. kittycatpickles
    July 6, 2018 at 3:16 am

I had a very similar obsession with stories like that (The Secret Garden, A Little Princess, Mandy, etc…) and really feel that it’s influenced the way I dress, as well as my hobbies (like knitting garments). Your album is so sweet, I love it!

14. Fushiaa
    July 6, 2018 at 9:36 am

I was huge into mori a few years ago and this makes me go back! I still follow maimagi on IG (shes in that album)!