What now-out-of-fashion or out-of-business clothing or accessories brand do you have a soft spot in your memory for?

Growing up, many of us had a mom, auntie, or older sister or friend who was fashionable or loved to dress up. My mom made almost all our clothing growing up and loves fashion so much she became a freelance costume mistress and stylist for many years. She always had the Avon catalog around and was friendly with our Avon rep, and occasionally I’ll see vintage jewelry, be enchanted, buy it, and then find out [it’s Avon](https://www.pinterest.com/pin/395964992234122770/) like I just did yesterday.

Avon jewelry is so middle of the road and not at all classy, but it has a soft spot in my heart because of my memories!

What’s yours? 🙂

View Reddit by ChazzyphantView Source

1. witisnotmyforte89
    June 29, 2018 at 3:12 pm

I don’t think this is exactly what you mean, but man do I miss Delia’s. It was a teen brand that sent out a catalog, and I remember it distinctly because they had 36 inch inseams available. Once I discovered them, it was life changing. I grew up in the 2000s, so internet shopping was a thing, but my household was kind of old school so we didn’t shop online. My mom allowed me to shop through the catalog though, and being 6 feet tall, it was the only place I could find jeans that didn’t show my ankles.

2. Susccmmp
    June 29, 2018 at 3:17 pm

I actually collect vintage jewelry and one of the main brands I collect is Avon. Some pieces are outdated and tacky but some are really classic and wearable and I get compliments on.

3. foreignfishes
    June 29, 2018 at 3:22 pm

DELIAS FOR SURE.

5th-9th grade was such a rough time clothing-wise for me (and for other girls too I’m sure), too old for kids clothes but too young (and the wrong shape/size) for “adult” clothes, and since it was the 2000s a lot of the clothes aimed at teens was the aggressively sexualized abercrombie/hollister type thing that I was secretly jealous of but also really uncomfortable wearing bc stupid puberty. Delia’s hit that perfect spot of clothes that were fashionable and fun and a *little* out there so I could experiment with different styles, but they weren’t “adult” in any way and weren’t just denim microskirts, logo tees and low rise jeans.

Also, the models they used in their catalogues and ads were for the most part normal looking, average sized teenagers which I appreciated a lot. So many brands aimed at teens only used gorgeous 24 year old size zero models, aka the opposite of 13 year old me. [An article, for anyone feeling nostalgic](http://mentalfloss.com/article/504091/13-stylish-facts-about-delias).

4. namaslay_383
    June 29, 2018 at 3:27 pm

Though I morn The Limited every time I go shopping, I can still find a lot second hand.

My favorite store growing up was County Seat, which had jeans and other “cool kid” clothes. My college self mourns Wet Seal.

5. techtchotchke
    June 29, 2018 at 3:38 pm

I miss the Abercrombie aesthetic from a few years ago. Not so long ago that all it carried were logo tees, but for a few years there they had some really nice “classic prep” collections that were really well-made and well-tailored in fairisle, cable knit, wool, seersucker, and other good material and in great colors and prints (they had some *amazing* tartans during this era). I have pieces from Abercrombie during that time period which have seen heavy wear and have held up super well.

Now it’s a lot of casual, breezy festivalwear which isn’t really my cup of tea and feels “cheap” material/constructionwise. I still always go in though, and come out disappointed.

6. oswin13
    June 29, 2018 at 3:39 pm

Avon had some great costume jewelry! I had some pieces of my mothers that I wore in plays for years. Probably still would if my ears could tolerate anything but titanium these days.

I also miss Afterthoughts. I know they are the same parent company as Icing/Claires but skewed a little more mature and higher quality. I still have some metal jaw clips I have never found the equal of (my hair eats plastic clips like crazy, I’m lucky to get more than 2 or 3 uses out of a plastic jaw clip).

7. verylazygator
    June 29, 2018 at 3:47 pm

I might be all by myself here, but I miss Casual Corner, lol.

8. parasitic_spin
    June 29, 2018 at 4:02 pm

1980s Adrienne Vittadini swim with the tiny floral patterns (not the hot mess AV Ivanka dumping ground label of today)! They were adorable, affordable, and made well – held up to surf and sun!