[Inspiration] 2008 Hoe Life Album

[Inspiration] 2008 Hoe Life Album

Since my mini-thread yesterday got so funny, I thought I’d make an inspo album celebrating the cringey can’t-look-away (slash, when will this come back in style because I kind of miss it?) looks that I tried out in my early 20s. I say hoe in an endearing way, so this is not meant to roast any of the celebrities or models in the photos or imply anything about their personal lives.

I’ve realized that this look is defined by (obviously) very tight, sexy, form-fitting looks but moreover: aztec prints, ruched satin, pompadour hair, statement necklaces, cowl necks, and platform close-toed pumps. Bonus points for rhinestone embellishments.

For anyone curious about the type of hoe attire I mentioned in my previous mini-thread, this pretty much wraps it up and even includes a few things I owned at the time (can you figure out which ones?)

Love,

Sexy Flanders

[https://imgur.com/a/hLiiBgP](https://imgur.com/a/hLiiBgP)

View Reddit by fuckyousexyflandersView Source

1. red_raconteur
    June 27, 2018 at 4:18 pm

Yassss this is everything I aspired to be in college and failed miserably to achieve. The only thing I didn’t look totally ridiculous in was a black dress similar to the one in the Rhianna photo.

2. OrigamiKoi
    June 27, 2018 at 4:23 pm

Ah that American Apparel bodysuit and black spandex dress take me back to being an underage and delicately of-age Bar Star. Thank god the drinking age here is 18 so this is now safely behind me.

3. ruthannr94
    June 27, 2018 at 4:28 pm

and if you ever wonder who’s buying your old Bebe hoe dresses on Ebay, that’s me.

4. ImportantRice
    June 27, 2018 at 4:35 pm

[I still wear almost exactly this look (but 3/4th sleeves and no pantyhose) to work](https://i.imgur.com/jcO0tWy.jpg)

In fact I’m wearing it now! Oops?

5. coffee_for_dinner
    June 27, 2018 at 4:36 pm

Delete this

^((You nailed the 00s club look, this hurts my soul.)^)

6. Fiberista
    June 27, 2018 at 4:39 pm

Pleased to see a tiny shoulder shrug made the cut.

7. kamegami
    June 27, 2018 at 4:40 pm

Thotcore

8. BamaMontana
    June 27, 2018 at 4:42 pm

Thank you for this – I want to eventually try out a bimbo subgenre look.

9. mbaby
    June 27, 2018 at 4:46 pm

LOVE that you made this album. i owned so SO many of these bandaid dresses… i definitely had that black/white geometric one, and the satin one, and the SHOES… i was actually really sad when i donated those sky highs knowing i’m never gonna be that girl again…

10. catherine_wheel
    June 27, 2018 at 4:56 pm

I have so many questions – like on [this dress](https://i.imgur.com/h6bdprs.jpg) do you wear underwear?? And ones with mesh on the sides of your hips??

I really hope you owned [this one](https://i.imgur.com/ZWmYal4.jpg), it really defies physics.

11. TeacupConspiracy
    June 27, 2018 at 4:57 pm

Nailed it. So much tight, shiny polyester. So much ill-placed ruching.

For a while there, so many elements of these were also present in non-clubbing clothes that were probably supposed to be business casual or something (and NY & CO is still holding down that look).

12. PrincessShade
    June 27, 2018 at 4:57 pm

I still know so many hoes who dress like this. Those belts! Omg

13. OrigamiKoi
    June 27, 2018 at 5:03 pm

I know this album is 2008 focused and I’ve also already posted, but did anyone else always wear these types of looks in 2010 with a pleather bomber?