In-Betweener Inspiration | Thanks to You!

In-Betweener Inspiration | Thanks to You!

Hey folks!

A few months ago I [posted a thread](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/7bdev0/anybody_have_inbetweener_or_not_quite_plussized/) asking for help in finding fashion inspiration for folks in the “mid-sized” range – our 10/12/14 gems who sometimes find themselves too small for plus but too big for standard sizes.

I put together a [Pinterest board here](https://www.pinterest.com/izziebot/fashion-in-between-average-size-10-12-14/) utilizing a lot of the suggestions from that thread. I kind of fell off the wagon updating it, but now that spring fashion season is upon us, I wanted to revive it and share it with you all (keep me accountable!).

I’m going to start adding OOTD’s and such posted by in-betweener Instagramers that were suggested in the original thread as well.

As always, happy to accept any suggestions / ideas from this wonderful community. Thank you all for your input. My wave 1 spring purchases and confidence happened largely because of the wonderful advice and encouragement from the people here.

View Reddit by EscapeArtisticView Source

1. pygoscelis
    March 29, 2018 at 9:16 pm

Thanks for sharing! As a US size 8 but 5’1” tall person myself, I always like seeing more in between sized inspo pics even if they are of predominantly taller models (it’s a start…).

Side note in case you weren’t aware, but people without pinterest accounts may not be able to see the board, especially if they’re on mobile. I realize it’s a lot of work to copy a board to imgur, but it’s something to consider if you make more inspo posts in the future.

2. Cantarella702
    March 29, 2018 at 10:40 pm

This is so amazing, thank you. I’m a size 12 who has never really been plugged into fashion, and I really have no idea what to do with myself most of the time. So this is really helpful!

3. sarah_atx
    March 29, 2018 at 11:57 pm

Cool, very springy with the florals.

What hashtags do you use to find in betweeners om Instagram?

4. midorijudia
    March 30, 2018 at 1:22 am

Honestly, this kind of bums me out. Everything is so waist-focused! Where are the boyfriend jeans, the cropped flares, the slightly undone boyfriend’s t shirt and flannel looks?

Not a slam on you, OP, thanks for putting this together, but it does reflect my frustration with in-between sizing inspo. It feels like there’s much more make up and “put togetherness” required to live in a body this size.

5. BlackLocke
    March 30, 2018 at 1:31 am

This is a dream come true. Thank you.

6. suhmanthuhox
    March 30, 2018 at 2:06 am

The thing that bums me out about in between models is they still usually have really flat stomachs! Like some days I feel like my stomach looks ok and I’m down to wear a shirt tucked in to my jeans or whatever and then other days I feel disgusting and bloated and want to not wear something tight around there, ya know? But also not in the mood to wear a dress or skirt. Basically, I hate how stuck in a box mid size fashion is. I’m an 8 on top and a 10 on the bottom but curvy and just have a lot of trouble finding both comfy and flattering clothes. Le sigh

7. Insecureboot
    March 30, 2018 at 10:38 am

The album is great, but I had a few seconds of disappointment that it wasn’t an album inspired by the TV show “The Inbetweeners”.

8. anythingnice2017
    March 30, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Thanks, this looks great! I am going to share with my mom, since she’s always so down about finding inspiration for her size. The only thing I wish (in general, not about your collection) is that there were more people doing less waist centric outfits. I never know what to suggest for her since I am more pear shaped and she’s more apple.

9. queenofanavia
    March 30, 2018 at 4:06 pm

Can I ask a bit of a stupid question? Where does plus size start? Where I’m from plus sizes start at around size 40-42 (which I think is 8-10 US?) but most shops will carry up to a size 44 regularly

Also Emily Deschanel in the later seasons of Bones might fit into your aesthetic [this](http://celebmafia.com/emily-deschanel-out-in-beverly-hills-02-28-2018-1286688/) is a more androgynous look, [here](http://www.gotceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/photos/emily-deschanel/fox-network-2016-upfront-presentation-in-new-york/Emily-Deschanel:-Fox-Network-2016-Upfront-Presentation–09-662×993.jpg) a cool dress