Wearable Witch Style Inspiration Album

Wearable Witch Style Inspiration Album

# Wearable Witch Style Inspiration Album

According to my calculations, it’s been about four months since the last witch themed inspo album. Time for another!

[Album](https://imgur.com/a/ZPHRs) and [Pinterest board](https://www.pinterest.com/ter4gr4m/low-key-witch-style/). The board is a bit less aggressively curated than the album.

**“Wearable”**

Of course, “wearable” is relative and contextual. I wouldn’t wear most of the clothes in this album to a biz caz office or to go hiking. But what I meant by this is I tried to stick to non-runway things that looked comfortable.

– items are generally stretchy or loose-fitting
– leans casual
– no very short skirts/dresses to worry about getting blown around by wind (for that subway commute life)
– shoes are relatively practical

**“Witch”**

Aaaand again, there are certainly different interpretations of witchy style, but here’s what I ran with:

– Mostly black + some neutrals and a bit of muted color
– Jewelry ft. sharp but organic shapes, and slightly stylized nature-y motifs like snakes, moons, claws/fangs, eyes
– Asymmetric drapey hemlines and outerwear
– Old timey details like lace-up closures, rouleau buttons, buckles
– Fewer things with a very modern feel like jeans, techwear fabrics, zippers, graphic tees
– Simple construction feel of clothes instead of highly tailored/fancy/polished
– pointy shoes, wide-brimmed hats

Due to a lack of IRL witches, many of the full outfit photos may not be 100% to the goal aesthetic, but will at least have the core silhouette down. Hence the heavy proportion of the album dedicated to accessories, which are what takes this from “wears a lot of loose black things” to “might be a witch”.

————————————–

**Related Witchy Inspo Albums**

This album is heavily inspired by the [Sleek Summer Witch](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/4ftb3n/sleek_summer_witch_inspiration_album/) album from a little while back, which I still think is the best of the “guide” category of inspo albums I’ve seen on FFA, and not just because I’m a fan of the style it was about. If you liked this post, definitely check that one out. Related posts which have overlap with this one:

– [Ivy League Witch](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/704lmj/inspiration_ivy_league_witch/)
– [Boho Witch](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/6y5c2a/boho_witch_fashion_inspo_album/)
– [Goth Dolly Parton](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/6zhabd/goth_dolly_parton_an_inspiration_album/)
– [Odd Details](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/5sb3la/odd_details_and_blackredroses_two_inspiration/)
– [Dark Fall](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/2edyx8/a_dark_fall_inspo_album/)
– [Guide to Sheer Clothing](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/2eyefy/sheer_clothing_a_guide_inspiration_album/)

**Stores and brands**

Previously discussed here:

– [Witch Brands](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/53xn3q/what_are_some_brands_to_look_into_if_i_want_to/)
– [Witchwear Primer](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/2eh1gj/a_witchwear_primer_handbook_for_the_dark_style/)

These stores and brands mentioned in the posts above have a lot of items that fit this aesthetic, but you can totally find stuff that fits with this style in general-audience stores like Target, ASOS, or H&M (specifically their ‘DIVIDED’ line) with some judicious searching. Narrow by black and gray, and some good words to prepend to searches for more generic items: ‘drape’, ‘asymmetric’, ‘buckle’, ‘lace-up’.

————————-

~~Gratuitous Self-Promotion~~ My previous inspo albums

– [Non-floral Botanical](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/7ryv4m/nonfloral_botanical_inspiration/)
– [Mushroom and Lichen](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/7tx9wr/mushroom_and_lichen_inspiration/)
– [Circus](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/7qri7z/circus_inspiration_album/)

View Reddit by pygoscelisView Source

1. j_allosaurus
    February 3, 2018 at 5:44 pm

Love all of this.

2. riggorous
    February 3, 2018 at 5:56 pm

I never would’ve thought of the association with witches, but I love everything in this album, especially the jewelry and #8 (taken in front of the Met, I think!). so I guess this is my new style goals.

3. diffluere
    February 3, 2018 at 6:11 pm

Yesssssss this is my style perfectly personified. I am working on a swamp witch look now with dusty browns, tans and greens for some more variety. I have some jewelry made with deer antler or gator teeth that I’m using as inspiration. Thanks for giving me some more eye candy!!!

4. ladybutt
    February 3, 2018 at 6:22 pm

All about this. If I can wear leather, lace and what looks like a large blanket, I’m happy. Unfortunately it can be pretty casual and that doesn’t always fly for my job. Any chance you’ll be doing a Witch in the Workplace album?

5. TheCountessNevermore
    February 3, 2018 at 6:45 pm

Love. But shocker, I was already following your board 🙂 Haha

6. jollycuppa
    February 3, 2018 at 6:57 pm

I need that black and gold sweater. Like, I don’t even care if it’s $100+, I *need* it kind of need.

7. AliceWake
    February 3, 2018 at 7:11 pm

Love this! I just made a comment on the Edwardian inspired album that was posted, but this is definitely the style I’m into now based on my recent purchases and Pinterest board. My wardrobe is now updated with lace up boots in black and a green cotton parkas, which is a bit oversized and relaxed fit. I didn’t go with a total black palette for my new wardrobe, but earthtones mixed with a splash of red (knitted hat and will get a red belt for my knitted tunics and jumpers) So maybe a bit Scandi Goth?! Haha!

8. hotdancingtuna
    February 3, 2018 at 7:13 pm

lmao @ “lack of IRL witches” 😂😂😂

9. vodkalime
    February 3, 2018 at 7:22 pm

I just love your albums! Please don’t ever stop!

10. twinkiebanananana
    February 3, 2018 at 7:33 pm

Man I love these albums but I need to stop looking because I’ll be like I NEED TO BUY ALL THE THINGS but then can’t afford or it’s not available anymore (especially crying @ Ivy League witch)

11. wakemeupinjanuary
    February 3, 2018 at 7:34 pm

Wow. I never knew this was what my style was called and this is everything I’ve ever wanted in a thread. Thank you so much for this. Those links you posted/references are a huge help too.

12. idislikekittens
    February 3, 2018 at 7:42 pm

Need more witches! Never enough witches! Thank you for this! Starting to read Caliban and the Witch and now thinking about witches make me very sad and also indignant.

I just bought the inversed version of that burnished gold + black sweater as soon as I saw it in the album! Such an adorable sweater.

13. m4dswine
    February 3, 2018 at 7:45 pm

This is so much my thing, and is inspiring me to dig out my victoriana booties for the work meeting I’m going to this week. I don’t normally wear heels for every day as I walk quite a bit but this week i’m in the other office where i’ll be staying as well, so no walking needed.

I wear this kind of stuff to work – thankfully I work in an iNGO with no dress code and a very casual ethos.

14. only_ceremony
    February 3, 2018 at 7:50 pm

This is much of the vibe I’ve been noticing in my style lately. A friend of mine and I were goofing off and coming up with absurd ways to describe our style: mine was postmodern minimalist witch. Definitely gonna be lurking your Pinterest board.

15. Mikklesquid
    February 3, 2018 at 7:56 pm

Haha if I’ve noticed anything on this sub, it’s the massive amount of interest in witchy clothing! I find that the pieces of clothes that I like from these boards are ones that make me feel powerful and fierce, and I’m wondering – is that the same as it is for others? What is so winsome about these witchy wearables?

16. DivaCupcake
    February 3, 2018 at 8:09 pm

I love Witch Style! Or as I call it at work, Corporate Goth. Or as my dad calls it, Wednesday Addams got a job. Here’s my inspiration album –

17. tidaltrekko
    February 3, 2018 at 8:31 pm

Vibes on vibes on vibes.

What are y’all’s favorite wearable witchy retailers? Either your one stop shop or your top few stops.

18. spookyballerina
    February 3, 2018 at 8:45 pm

Me: is witch

Me: shit I fit the stereotype

Me: FUCK YEAH I’M A WITCH, BITCH

19. AllEternals
    February 3, 2018 at 9:13 pm

Stunning as always! Can you witches point me to some Etsy or mainstream sources of witchy, earthy jewelry?

20. paperwallflower
    February 3, 2018 at 9:53 pm

Love this! This is definitely my style 🙂

21. sci_fi_wasabi
    February 3, 2018 at 9:57 pm

Okay, can I just say you are killing it with the knitwear on these albums? As a knitter, it’s majorly inspiring. I have the urge to make an oversized black garter-stitch scarf now.

22. purpleleopardprint
    February 3, 2018 at 10:47 pm

Yes! I love this, it is a lot like what I’m going for with my work wardrobe.

23. argoss
    February 3, 2018 at 11:04 pm

That black and gold ombre sweater hngggggg

24. heids7
    February 3, 2018 at 11:11 pm

HELL. FUCKING. YES!!!!!

This is all sorts of my cup o’ tea (cauldron of potion?)!

My ideal style is Haute Morticia 💀🖤

25. headietoinfinity
    February 3, 2018 at 11:26 pm

Yes looks uber comfy yet chic!

26. older_bolder
    February 4, 2018 at 1:09 am

OMG that forever 21 wrap jacket. Where did you find it?

27. nicnonicks
    February 4, 2018 at 1:26 am

Awe, the snek at the end!! So cute.

28. lornabalthazar
    February 4, 2018 at 2:11 am

I love these albums so much! I wish I could dress more witchy, but even the summer witch vibe is too fussy and hot for summers here. I need a Florida witch inspo album.

29. VelveteenGrimm
    February 4, 2018 at 2:16 am

The Mary Gallagher jewelry is beautiful! I love this album so much.

30. melicious
    February 4, 2018 at 3:41 am

I am working through grief, for my best friend, a real old school goth-metal-industrial music lover, who shared so many dark and twisted songs with me. I feel like there’s a lot here I can use as my mourning garb, elements I can incorporate that pay homage to our goth-spiritualist teenage selves, him when he young and courting me. Anyway I’m tearing up now but this was just the right thing at just the right time. Thank you.

31. MyHeartIsASynth
    February 4, 2018 at 7:45 am

I’m so happy I can say that I already follow all these brands on Instagram. This is my dream style, and this album is so helpful! Are those Topshop shoes still available?

32. JosephineRyan
    February 4, 2018 at 9:49 am

Love the album! This is definitely my style.
    I’m currently drooling over Ovates Mathilda dress. I just can’t decide what colour to get, black, grey or natural.

33. witch_x3
    February 4, 2018 at 9:54 am

This is amazing. I love this post so much. I can’t thank you enough for going through the time to curate all this! Obsessed !

34. -bats
    February 4, 2018 at 12:13 pm

Thanks so much for this! I *love* the focus on wearability. OTT witchy drama has always been my aesthetic preference, but I’ve got 2 little kids. Finding ways to reconcile my style with my actual lifestyle has been a process, and it’s so nice to see something so similar to what I’ve been aiming for (I’ve been calling mine stay at home witch ;).

35. Venusiandream
    February 4, 2018 at 1:29 pm

Love this!!! IMO the best part of this aesthetic is its pretty ageless/timeless. This has been my preferred style most of my life. In my 20s it was more punk/witch, in my 30s corporate witch, in my 40s its evolved to a more urban boho witch. I’ve had some of my velvet and leather pieces for 20 years, I wear them a bit different now than I did then and I’m always mixing it up a bit but it really has adapted well as I’ve gotten older. And my closet friends and teenage son have assured me I always look “age appropriate” and not over the top. I never want to look like I’m trying too hard or trying to look like I’m reliving my youth, lol, but I want to be true to myself too. Great inspo album!

36. zippyelf
    February 4, 2018 at 2:26 pm

I looove this. This is basically my aesthetic and Im in love with this album. It definitely makes me think I need some lace up booties.

Also in love with the fact that I see fellow plus size ladies in your inspiration album. ❤️

37. synaesthetist
    February 4, 2018 at 3:18 pm

I live in Salem. This album will make me alpha witch.

38. purplepenned
    February 4, 2018 at 4:39 pm

I will always maintain that the Coven season of American Horror Story was a mess story-wise but the business witch looking outfits in the trailers were very good

39. alidieux
    February 4, 2018 at 7:04 pm

I love the third picture, what would I even search for to find something like that asymmetric drapey dress without having to go through the 90% non related asymmetric drapey dresses? if that makes sense..

40. asianauthenticity
    February 4, 2018 at 10:33 pm

Man, that snake ring is the perfect amount of snake + not polished/over coiled… but it’s not available anymore ;___;

February 5, 2018 at 6:46 pm

[deleted]

42. Sloeeyed
    February 5, 2018 at 8:05 pm

Love those eye earrings, where are they from?

43. igbythecat
    February 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm

I love that Almanac for June hair pin!

44. sneakysnowleopard
    February 14, 2018 at 6:48 pm

Does anyone know what she’s wearing in #4? boots or anything

45. Afanofchan
    May 1, 2018 at 6:22 pm

Hi! I’m kind of new to using reddit for fashion. I’m super into witchy, dark, all black everything. I was wondering if you guys could give me some good links, resources, or groups on reddit! Any suggestions welcome. 🙂

Thanks!