Wearable Witch Style Inspiration Album
# Wearable Witch Style Inspiration Album
According to my calculations, it’s been about four months since the last witch themed inspo album. Time for another!
[Album](https://imgur.com/a/ZPHRs) and [Pinterest board](https://www.pinterest.com/ter4gr4m/low-key-witch-style/). The board is a bit less aggressively curated than the album.
Of course, “wearable” is relative and contextual. I wouldn’t wear most of the clothes in this album to a biz caz office or to go hiking. But what I meant by this is I tried to stick to non-runway things that looked comfortable.
– items are generally stretchy or loose-fitting
– leans casual
– no very short skirts/dresses to worry about getting blown around by wind (for that subway commute life)
– shoes are relatively practical
Aaaand again, there are certainly different interpretations of witchy style, but here’s what I ran with:
– Mostly black + some neutrals and a bit of muted color
– Jewelry ft. sharp but organic shapes, and slightly stylized nature-y motifs like snakes, moons, claws/fangs, eyes
– Asymmetric drapey hemlines and outerwear
– Old timey details like lace-up closures, rouleau buttons, buckles
– Fewer things with a very modern feel like jeans, techwear fabrics, zippers, graphic tees
– Simple construction feel of clothes instead of highly tailored/fancy/polished
– pointy shoes, wide-brimmed hats
Due to a lack of IRL witches, many of the full outfit photos may not be 100% to the goal aesthetic, but will at least have the core silhouette down. Hence the heavy proportion of the album dedicated to accessories, which are what takes this from “wears a lot of loose black things” to “might be a witch”.
**Related Witchy Inspo Albums**
This album is heavily inspired by the [Sleek Summer Witch](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/4ftb3n/sleek_summer_witch_inspiration_album/) album from a little while back, which I still think is the best of the “guide” category of inspo albums I’ve seen on FFA, and not just because I’m a fan of the style it was about. If you liked this post, definitely check that one out. Related posts which have overlap with this one:
– [Ivy League Witch](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/704lmj/inspiration_ivy_league_witch/)
– [Boho Witch](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/6y5c2a/boho_witch_fashion_inspo_album/)
– [Goth Dolly Parton](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/6zhabd/goth_dolly_parton_an_inspiration_album/)
– [Odd Details](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/5sb3la/odd_details_and_blackredroses_two_inspiration/)
– [Dark Fall](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/2edyx8/a_dark_fall_inspo_album/)
– [Guide to Sheer Clothing](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/2eyefy/sheer_clothing_a_guide_inspiration_album/)
**Stores and brands**
Previously discussed here:
– [Witch Brands](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/53xn3q/what_are_some_brands_to_look_into_if_i_want_to/)
– [Witchwear Primer](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/2eh1gj/a_witchwear_primer_handbook_for_the_dark_style/)
These stores and brands mentioned in the posts above have a lot of items that fit this aesthetic, but you can totally find stuff that fits with this style in general-audience stores like Target, ASOS, or H&M (specifically their ‘DIVIDED’ line) with some judicious searching. Narrow by black and gray, and some good words to prepend to searches for more generic items: ‘drape’, ‘asymmetric’, ‘buckle’, ‘lace-up’.
~~Gratuitous Self-Promotion~~ My previous inspo albums
– [Non-floral Botanical](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/7ryv4m/nonfloral_botanical_inspiration/)
– [Mushroom and Lichen](https://www.reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/7tx9wr/mushroom_and_lichen_inspiration/)