Bitch, you owe me a tulle skirt: an inspiration album

Bitch, you owe me a tulle skirt: an inspiration album

Mood: your mother refused to buy you that big pink princess dress when you were five and you never forgave her

Scene: you are an adult now. Hardened, as you realized at a young age that the world isn’t fair and you can’t get what you want. Your voice is raspy because you picked up smoking at the age of 15 to piss off Mother Dearest. You run with a hard crowd now—some of them weren’t even cheerleaders in high school. You roll your eyes at authority figures (only after they turn their backs). But you still long for the unadulterated joy of your childhood, and reach for every frilly pink thing you can find. You make sure to wear black too because you are #edgy now. You have discussed this color scheme and its Freudian significance in depth with your therapist, continuing even after she repeatedly asks you to talk about your relationship with your mother. You scoff at your therapist’s severe simplification of your life (conveniently overlooking that maybe there is actually a serious issue with your mother). You realize other people probably think you’re a ridiculous human being, but giving a fuck was so 2017. Being stereotypically girly sounds fine to you.

Your outfits: Wannabe Punk. Actually Pink. So saccharine that it leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Very mismatched because your existence is a sisyphean struggle in which you strive to show others that you can be hardcore and love tulle at the same time.

[Album](https://imgur.com/a/0XwMi)

[Pinterest board](https://www.pinterest.com/whatupnerds/bitch-you-owe-me-a-tulle-skirt/?autologin=true&sender=379428474764397507&invite_code=f98a1a0471954e99a58218699b36549a)

View Reddit by pursuingbearView Source

1. Bwaist
    January 14, 2018 at 1:50 pm

Oh god this is a perfect post. I laughed, but laughing felt weird because this post is 100% true.

2. Cosmiccollision
    January 14, 2018 at 1:56 pm

Brb, immediately putting on black lipstick with my faux fur coat to run errands today, à la Margot Robbie in your album.

But srs, these are some of my favorite kinds of posts! It adds context to the inspiration albums and really sets the attitude of the outfits. Whereas I’ve been scared to wear black lipstick for example, reading this has me in full on rebel punk mode attitude and it’s making me feel fearless.

Thanks for making my day!

January 14, 2018 at 2:09 pm

[deleted]

4. SkylineDrive
    January 14, 2018 at 2:28 pm

This is just everything.

Also I recommend listening to this I think it enhances the viewing experience: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4JRwVoKs_nU

5. Myeyebrowsare_
    January 14, 2018 at 2:28 pm

You absolutely nailed how I’m feeling. My hair is currently pastel pink af and now I’m feeling like it’s a dark purple lipstick kind of day, with my pink adidas sneakers. Love it!

6. girlfriendinacoma24
    January 14, 2018 at 2:29 pm

Umm Punk Princess is a look I never knew I wanted to have until now.

7. idislikekittens
    January 14, 2018 at 2:36 pm

WHERE DOES ONE FIND THE NOT YOUR BAE SWEATSHIRT

Also I love your username. Is it inspired by “exit, pursued by a bear?”

8. GracefullyGeeky
    January 14, 2018 at 2:41 pm

Where I can find that leather jacket with the flowers?!?!?

God does the description define my teen years.

9. milky_oolong
    January 14, 2018 at 2:41 pm

I own not one but TWO tulle skirts (one grey short and one midi blush/plum). My life trully is complete.

10. pm_me_your_SPECIALs
    January 14, 2018 at 2:42 pm

There needs to be more black tulle in everyone’s lives

11. _Pliny_
    January 14, 2018 at 2:47 pm

I had tried on a corset-bodice, full tulle ball skirt wedding dress, but in the end I went with the a-line strapless gown I judged to be “classier” and more grown-up (since we were pretty young).

It was the WRONG decision. Whatever one picks will look dated eventually so always choose the one that’s more fun. I could have rocked an obscene amount of tulle, commanded a royal width with my poofy skirt, and glided around like Glinda the Good Witch of da Norf.

12. kdennis
    January 14, 2018 at 2:56 pm

Can I also request this to be directed at my past- tomboy self who thought pink/ girly stuff was lame?

This is a perfect album, I love it!

13. letters-from-circe
    January 14, 2018 at 3:02 pm

Love it! The story was so funny and the images are really well curated. You’ve inspired me to finally get back to work on the giant pink tulle skirt I started making last year.

14. hazelspikes
    January 14, 2018 at 3:09 pm

Love all of these. Always been jealous of the tulle and the punks.

15. polymerase2016
    January 14, 2018 at 3:28 pm

That was AMAZING. You just made me crave a tulle skirt for the first time in 12 years.

I particular love the mixture of more avant-garde/aspirational/out there stuff (hello sheer Rihanna gown!!) *and* wearable 2017-18 tends, all while maintaining a coherent aesthetic.

Seriously, great work. The quality of inspo albums on this sub lately has been so good.

16. KnockMeYourLobes
    January 14, 2018 at 3:41 pm

I”m looking at the second picture and wondering how the hell they keep the crown from falling off her head since there’s not an obvious tie/rubberbandy thing to hold it in place.

17. aebl22
    January 14, 2018 at 3:42 pm

Hft Salem the cat as fashion inspo movement

18. lioninacoma89
    January 14, 2018 at 3:46 pm

LOVE!! And [LOVEEE this skirt omg](https://i.imgur.com/VRSPBKi.jpg)

19. twinkiebanananana
    January 14, 2018 at 3:51 pm

Omg that F off creep jacket! I love this album but hate that I don’t have the ability to buy and wear all of these clothes.

20. SpankableGoose
    January 14, 2018 at 4:05 pm

This is one of the best inspo albums ever!

21. lipglossandabackpack
    January 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm

The bright pink leather jacket and skirt combo is my spirit animal. 💕💞💓💗💖

22. highlight4life
    January 14, 2018 at 4:18 pm

This is PHENOMENAL. The only time I’ve worn tulle to my hearts content was on my [wedding day](https://imgur.com/a/pqlhM) and it was glorious.

Brb going to buy more tulle and an edgy black leather jacket.

23. j_allosaurus
    January 14, 2018 at 4:30 pm

I love this! Awesome album.

24. wearingmywings
    January 14, 2018 at 4:31 pm

I never knew I needed this! Awesome album 🙂 does anyone know where i can get something like this [top?](https://i.imgur.com/5zbfbZD.jpg)

25. flux-and-flow
    January 14, 2018 at 4:34 pm

All over this aesthetic

26. deviltje
    January 14, 2018 at 4:47 pm

I love everything about this album. The description had me giggle like mad and the variety of models and pure badassery is phenomenonal!

27. liongirl09
    January 14, 2018 at 4:50 pm

I need tulle socks. I can’t see them being hard to hand make?

28. littlebabyshark
    January 14, 2018 at 4:59 pm

I bought a ridiculously large pink tulle full-length skirt for my wedding rehearsal dinner and cocktail party. It was AMAZING and I felt better in it than I felt in my wedding dress the next day. I love it so much it is STILL hanging from our wardrobe in the middle of our bedroom 3 months later. LIVE THE DREAM!

29. RX-Queen-
    January 14, 2018 at 5:02 pm

That album was EVERYTHING.

30. ganarija
    January 14, 2018 at 5:08 pm

I just bought a pink tulle skirt after a lot of avoiding my princess bitch side. I always thought I should be classy and lady-like, but 2018 is the year i accept and love every single side of myself. Shit, how damn easy life has become. I don’t judge myself, so I don’t judge others. I care for myself and feel good caring about others. I understand my emotions and actions and understand others. Wow. So glad this happened after loads of struggling. This year is going to be amazing.
    I do love my mother dearly though. She used to let me wear my tiara and fairy stick thingy everywhere when I was little. And she let’s me be myself. Sometimes she gets a bit controlling, but I know she only means well. I just remind her I have the right to make my own decisions. Even if she believes i’m making a mistake. Suffering makes for some brutal, concrete lessons.

31. MulticulturalLlama
    January 14, 2018 at 5:13 pm

How do I space buns a la picture 18? Space buns: 100% my favorite hairstyle

I love this album. I recently went for coral/pink ombre and it’s the best decision I’ve ever made. It makes me feel so pretty and also like a badass. Also, I love the mixing of full tulle skirts with casual tops and/or leather! I want to make a more concentrated effort to curate this look now.

32. joz41490
    January 14, 2018 at 5:23 pm

Ooo anyone know where I can get my hands on that v-neck embroidered top?

33. bikinikills
    January 14, 2018 at 5:28 pm

SALEM x2 I could not even.

Love this album. This aesthetic reminds me of a lot of stuff Pat McGrath posts on insta. Like this [edgy pink pearl look](https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdx_56dnbun/?hl=en&taken-by=patmcgrathreal) and this [pink smoked out look.](https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd5xkYzHgdn/?hl=en&taken-by=patmcgrathreal)

34. feistyfoodie
    January 14, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Your description/ writing, spot on and lyrical. Excellent.

I have a baby-pink tee shirt that has a unicorn on the front with angry eyes and a knife strapped to the horn. Underneath it says “I will cut you” – just because I’m a pretty pink princess doesn’t mean I don’t pack a punch.

35. denim_skirt
    January 14, 2018 at 6:08 pm

I came out to have a good time and I’m honestly feeling so attacked right now

January 14, 2018 at 6:13 pm

I really can’t understand any of this. I must be past my prime.

37. quixoticopal
    January 14, 2018 at 6:15 pm

I love you, because this combined with rainbow colours and hippie skirts in the spring/summer is exactly my style lol

38. chknnuggette
    January 14, 2018 at 6:32 pm

i feel as though [marla singer](https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9f/b6/2a/9fb62ae4b171dd01b9f4a9d52803b7b3.jpg) perfectly embodies this album, and i love it.

39. quinnter
    January 14, 2018 at 6:36 pm

Oh….

This is me.

I am this.

40. LawSchoolQuestions_
    January 14, 2018 at 6:38 pm

I stumbled into this sub from r/all.

I have *no fucking clue* what’s going on here, **but I fucking love it**.

41. alienman
    January 14, 2018 at 6:39 pm

This album is my heart’s anthem

42. yarnskeinporchswings
    January 14, 2018 at 6:45 pm

You inspired me to play dress up for the first time in like a year. I love all of your albums, thank you for your contributions!

43. ModestMalka
    January 14, 2018 at 6:46 pm

This is so good! Wish my lifestyle had more space for [this](https://i.imgur.com/TMpziQT_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium). I might actually look for [these](https://i.imgur.com/CRvWCVs_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium). I like the diversity you included, especially Salem the cat.

44. Codles
    January 14, 2018 at 6:48 pm

I love your write-up. When you put together some outfits, please share them! I would love to see this pulled together 🙂

45. red_raconteur
    January 14, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Bravo. This album was everything it set out to be. This isn’t my style at all but I was captivated by each image and think you captured the vibe really well.

46. Codles
    January 14, 2018 at 6:49 pm

47. Riftia__pachyptila
    January 14, 2018 at 7:04 pm

YES TO ALL OF THIS

48. empress_p
    January 14, 2018 at 7:05 pm

Those pink glitter odangos, dream hairstyle right there. ❤️

49. facciabella
    January 14, 2018 at 7:07 pm

Ha I love this and love going out in a tutu though usually black to be a smidge less extra. Some of these looks are so good though, brb off to become a punk princess.

50. tea-rannosaurusrex
    January 14, 2018 at 7:12 pm

I LOVE those tulle socks (thanks to the Etsy shop reference), also the black tshirt with the sheer panel and embroidery is amazing!

Unfortunately every time I’ve tried a huge tulle skirt on I’ve felt ridiculous looking in the mirror. I think I need a starter skirt that isn’t too poofy to ease me into it because I love them! ESP with a black cropped leather jacket

51. emaleau
    January 14, 2018 at 7:17 pm

This is fantastic! It reminds me of [one of my favorite books](https://i.imgur.com/5C9FVq4.jpg).

52. _spacepussy_
    January 14, 2018 at 7:28 pm

Love this! So good. I already own several tulle skirts and now I need that one with the stars too.

53. mandapanda43
    January 14, 2018 at 7:31 pm

Aesthetic fr.

54. IniMiney
    January 14, 2018 at 7:33 pm

7th picture (Not Your Bae) is 100% something I’d wear, and actually looks similar to an outfit I’ve been planning for whenever I finally get back in front of the camera for YouTube for the first time in months. Also that fuck off creep jacket, with different words probably, I dunno I have a thing for not being a fan of those “edgy phrase” shirts since middle school – I just love it in a design sense in general though.

God fashion’s wonderful.

55. UnskinnyVegan
    January 14, 2018 at 7:35 pm

This isn’t my thing but I find myself swaying in the direction at times; I think it’s partly because I work in the fashion industry and millennial pink is a thing.

I find that it goes well with greys; I love going for a millennial pink silk top with an a-line, mid-length charcoal grey skirt.

Tulle isn’t really “girly” for me; I like wearing a sheer tulle (2-3 layered skirt) over a long-ish silk slip. I know most people pair tulle with ballet flats but heels are the way to go, in my opinion. I like the movement in this outfit. Again, millennial pink is a lovely colour to buy in and I’d suggest it as an “investment piece” because it seems to be fading fast.

56. a_v_p
    January 14, 2018 at 8:05 pm

OMG the little girl in the 2nd picture is giving me so much life.

This is so timely. I impulse-bought a tulle skirt just after Christmas and was looking for styling inspiration. Thanks!

57. chefgusteau
    January 14, 2018 at 8:35 pm

YES YES YES

Btw, does anyone know how to wear the feathery pink heels? I bought a pair from Steve Madden last month and haven’t figured out what outfit to wear them with!!

58. rambnwayz
    January 14, 2018 at 9:39 pm

Ahhh I love all of the Salem pics! Does anyone know where I can find those high waisted shiny pink jeans?

January 14, 2018 at 9:48 pm

You just woke up the punk in me 😉 Loving these outfits

60. Mystitat
    January 14, 2018 at 10:04 pm

I keep seeing jackets for little girls that have cute tulle skirts sewn into them, so it looks like you’re wearing a jacket over a tutu, and all I can think when I see them is “MAKE THEM IN MY SIZE.”

So I might have to make that happen…

61. natiice
    January 14, 2018 at 10:11 pm

I’ve been wanting a tulle skirt for a minute now. Thank you for posting this. It’s amazing!

62. somethingaboutstars
    January 14, 2018 at 10:14 pm

That skirt with the tulle and the stars; I’m obsessed!

63. awake-asleep
    January 14, 2018 at 10:23 pm

This is not my aesthetic at all but there’s something about tulle and holographic glitter that will never not give me a love-punch to the lower guts.

64. jforres
    January 14, 2018 at 10:35 pm

Tbh I want to give this entire description + inspo album as the dress code for my future wedding guests.

65. Joleta
    January 14, 2018 at 11:16 pm

Best inspo description EVER.

66. prettyprincessv
    January 14, 2018 at 11:39 pm

This is SO ME. Thank you so much for sharing!!

67. breadplane
    January 15, 2018 at 1:18 am

Wow, this sums up my current style so well! Love it

68. Whateverclothes1
    January 15, 2018 at 1:36 am

Was Rihanna wearing a marshmallow?

69. beverlycrushher
    January 15, 2018 at 2:18 am

I have a dark champagne tulle skirt sitting in my amazon cart. I feel personally attacked.

70. ZombyNinjaKiller
    January 15, 2018 at 2:43 am

Guys, the pink denim jacket that says “fuck off creeps”. WHERE?! I need.

71. wicked_spooks
    January 15, 2018 at 3:02 am

Ross has several tulle skirts! I was so thrilled to buy them.

72. octopus_cuddler
    January 15, 2018 at 3:41 am

BRB, buying a tulle skirt and leather jacket. Fantastic album!

73. everythingissopretty
    January 15, 2018 at 4:10 am

I teach kindergarten and get jealous over some of the clothes my kids have. We have Tu-Tu Tuesdays, mostly as an excuse to add to my collection of tu-tus.

74. octopus_from_space
    January 15, 2018 at 5:42 am

I call my style ‘Candy Satanism’. Hot pink pentagrams, black lipstick and leather pencil skirts with pink fishnets! Yaaaaaasss!

75. Scandikandi
    January 15, 2018 at 6:03 am

Gahhhh yes to everything about this album😍😍😍

76. lunatwist
    January 15, 2018 at 6:04 am

Your progression of images (&the order) is A M A Z I N G. I just kept screaming YES as I scrolled along. Love the whole album + aesthetic. A+++

77. MrHumphreyAreyoufree
    January 15, 2018 at 6:17 am

I loveeee the pink tulle with the silver star overlay. Any suggestions where I could find It?

78. dare2smile
    January 15, 2018 at 7:19 am

I love it all!! Where is that particular sheer black dress from?? (The one above the white pleated mini skirt with pink knife?)

79. ButtonsAndSoup
    January 15, 2018 at 7:43 am

The fact that Salem Saberhagen is in this album twice is giving me life!!

Also I think I’m gonna wear space buns tomorrow

80. baconcheesecakesauce
    January 15, 2018 at 6:26 pm

This album is the exact thing I’ve been craving, but couldn’t articulate. I was over the moon at the Pinterest board with the Sailor Moon aesthetic!
    I’ve been trying to figure out how to dress like a magical girl, but with a career and wearing black, because I live in NYC, and black is everywhere.

81. yolibrarian
    January 16, 2018 at 4:06 am

I love that both Rihanna and Salem are represented multiple times in this album.

82. rubypoodle
    January 16, 2018 at 12:46 pm

omg i already love reddit

83. AllIWantIsFabulous
    January 16, 2018 at 7:23 pm

This is literally my dream style. Thank you so much for making this inspiration album! I’ll definitely be using it when I go shopping. 🙂

84. HeyMissW
    January 18, 2018 at 3:35 am

That floor-length, fur-lined pink robe is what I imagine myself wearing after I’ve murdered my third husband.

Also I’m 100% Bubbles, and proud of it!

85. CrystalElyse
    January 28, 2018 at 3:45 pm

Okay so I’m like two weeks late on this but I just found this album and I have to say, This is the best thing I’ve ever seen. I’m kind of reconsidering my entire wardrobe theme right now and wondering how I can fit in more tulle, chiffon, and flounces.

86. --cunt
    April 9, 2018 at 1:11 am

Wow I love this. This is my dream aesthetic and I was struggling to put into words like what to even call it. And I couldn’t find pics on Pinterest to suit the idea I had in my head. I have had a struggle my whole adult life of “do I want to buy an all black punk fishnet and chokers” wardrobe (and I did for awhile) but part of me wants to be a princess and throw out all my black clothing and just dress like a 5 year old. I am 26 and this is legitimate struggle for me and its so embarrassing that I can only see the world in terms of black and white (or pink ha ha). Your description really spoke to me and its just way too spot on 🙁