1. thelastpanini
    March 8, 2017 at 1:41 am

I think any innovation is a good thing.
    However I think this product is targeted at people who like the look of leather but not the other attributes.
    Strength and durability being the main one. I wonder how this stacks up in that space.

2. movitar
    March 8, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Thats amazing! I won’t ever buy any leather goods.

3. 21Squared
    March 25, 2017 at 9:28 pm

I wonder how expensive it is for this kind of fabric! not everyone can pays for the alternative if it is more expensive than the animal products.

4. Sombrere
    April 12, 2017 at 12:43 am

If I’m buying leather, it’s the real thing or nothing. I’ll pass.

5. Lacquered74
    April 16, 2017 at 7:19 pm

If they can do it for cheap, I’d find that very interesting.

6. MichaelDruglas
    June 1, 2017 at 1:06 pm

are you serious?! pleather has been around for years

7. cicidaboom
    June 3, 2017 at 3:32 pm

My question is the environmental impact that actually has. What is it made of? At least leather is biodegradable.

8. casalefay
    June 23, 2017 at 3:42 pm

Love Stella McCartney !! She´s amazing

9. soymilk17
    June 25, 2017 at 3:46 pm

TBH I would never buy a Stella bag at $1200+ when it’s not real leather.

10. mihaylia
    July 8, 2017 at 4:20 am

Pleather is one thing… you are thinking 1970s rubberized junk… but brands are pushing the boundaries now with what it looks and feels like. The demand for leather is there but most would agree conventional pleather lacks durability and isn’t very aesthetically pleasing. What’s being pointed out in this article (perhaps not very astutely) is the strides the industry is making. Stella McCartney is not the only label exploring this, she just may be the most vocal.. And good for her: the more people are exposed to it, the more comfortable with the idea they are, the more normalized it becomes, the more demand increases, the more investors are willing to invest significant capital into research to revolutionize natural textiles like leather. Eventually they will be able to very successfully mimic leather, at great benefit to the animal kingdom. Who wouldn’t want to limit unnecessary violence? I am a fashion/leather goods person and love the feel of leather.. I haven’t been able to give it up.. but I find myself thinking sometimes about how many pieces I have that did cost an animal its life. I’m not an activist, but it feels like we should have evolved beyond the practice by now. If there were higher quality options I’d use them. We have progressed so incredibly as humans, yet we still wear animal skin like our ancestors did 10,000 years ago. We’re going to Mars soon folks… time to upgrade a tired, cruel old practice that has long since become unnecessary.

11. fastpanther
    July 19, 2017 at 9:37 am

Should be cheap for people to buy easily.

12. YronK9
    August 16, 2017 at 8:46 am

let’s not call this leather then.

13. capucho10p
    August 25, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Why is this news? Just because Stella McCartney was doing this? Quality products that uses textile that imitate the skin, has been used by many brands for a long time.

14. kniya
    August 29, 2017 at 1:50 pm

I was talking about real leather. watch this very nice Fashion